United Sikhs, the most prominent international Sikh group fighting for the rights of Sikhs in France, has issued an appeal. Write to your embassy.
At issue is the sad fact that Sikhs like myself cannot attend public school in France. Yes, it sounds incomprehensible, but it’s true. In a progressive world that has taken many steps in favor of human rights and equality over the last several decades (see the US civil rights movement, for example), why do they want to exclude Sikhs and others from attending public school? What a shame. I have been to France on vacation, and I will say that I met many friendly people there. Let’s hope these nice people will have some sense and fix their laws which ultimately divide instead of unite. This is hatred, racism, and intolerance at a rather prominent level (as much as we Americans like to point out how backward and lame France is, we should probably help them in this case since the French are oppressing their own citizens by denying them an education.)
To view the memorandum, please click
Instructions to use the draft memorandum:
* Copy the drafted memorandum onto your organizations letterhead and print it.
* Request the authorized signing authority of your organization to sign the memorandum.
* Make an appointment to give the memorandum personally to the French Consular or Ambassador in your country.
Fax or email the signed memorandum to your local French Consulate in your city/country. To find the fax number or email address of your Consulate/Embassy, click on http://www.french-in-france.biz/ingles/fr_embassies_a.html .
* Email a copy of the sent memorandum to UNITED SIKHS at email@example.com , or send it as a fax to 001-810-885-4264.
* [IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS EXECUTING THE ABOVE AND NEED ANY ASSISTANCE, CALL 001-646-315-3909 OR WRITE TO firstname.lastname@example.org ]