Thanks to John Devor for the tip…
From Manbeena Kaur:
I am still looking for an Education intern for the Summer 2009 semester! I am looking for someone who is interested in educating the greater community on who Sikhs are and creating a positive image for Sikhs in society. Please read below for more details.
· 35/hours a week for 10 weeks this summer at our New York City office (located in downtown Manhattan)
· College student (preferable undergraduate)
· Excellent communication skills (speaking and writing)
· Strong passion to work for the empowerment of unrepresented communities
Below are some of the tasks you could be working on:
· Compile information for and coordinate educational material distribution
· Develop infrastructure and coordinate logistics for Coalition sponsored training programs
· Assist with efforts to implement Sikhism into state curriculums
· Oversee www.khalsakids.org and create new material for site
· Coordinate nationwide educational projects
· Manage network of youth activists for various initiatives (media-watch, SSAs, etc.)
A work-study option can be discussed if interested. Accepted Education interns will receive a $500 stipend. If you or someone you know is interested, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The deadline for submitting is May 15, 2009.
For further inquires, please contact: